How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Android Developer Application" and your attached PDF résumé.
You will be a member of a high performing team with responsibility for development of our Android application and SDK. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, a customer-focussed mentality, and the ability to meet deadlines are critical to this role.
- Developing for and maintaining Bluink’s Android app products and internal applications.
- Design and implementation of new features based on customer requirements and product management.
- Writing structured, well-organized, and reusable code.
- Writing technical documentation suitable for internal and external consumption.
- Tracking the progress of tasks and updating the status using project tracking tools.
- Providing technical direction to and mentoring more junior developers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of Android Development experience (Java, Kotlin).
- Experience with developing and interfacing Java to native code using JNI.
- Advanced knowledge of Google Frameworks, Android Studio.
- Knowledge of responsive design, and ensuring UI adapts to supported device screen sizes.
- Familiar with the app publishing process, Google Play Console.
- Knowledge of C/C++ and integrating C libraries with Android applications.
- Comfortable working with the command line.
- Experience with source control (git).
- Experience with Agile delivery and development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have at least one published app available in the Play Store.
- Nice to have: iOS experience.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Note: Our team is currently working remotely. However, remote candidates must be willing to relocate to Ottawa.
- Energetic start-up environment (felt even with team currently working remotely)
- Challenging assignments/projects
- Complimentary access to applicable Udemy online learning courses
- Complimentary online group fitness class
- MacBook or PC laptop access