How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "QA Automation Engineer" and your attached PDF résumé.
You will be a member of a team with responsibility for ensuring the quality of our entire solution including our iOS and Android mobile apps and our backend web and application servers. The ideal candidate will have broad experience automating the quality assurance of mobile apps and web solutions, including functional and non-functional aspects. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, a customer-focussed mentality, and the ability to meet deadlines are critical to this role.
- Working with development teams to collect software requirements and update test cases. Reviewing and analyzing product technical specifications.
- Developing and maintaining test automation infrastructure and scripts for iOS, Android and web applications, using automated testing tools where relevant.
- Creating test plans and participating in their automation and execution. Verifying the completeness and correctness of software implementations.
- Working with development as necessary to facilitate bug resolution by gathering, communicating, and analyzing relevant information.
- Escalating quality issues to product and technical managers when necessary.
- Participating in software project planning and coordination. Defining and coordinating the technical tasks required for quality assurance.
- Documenting and tracking issues in accordance with our bug tracking and resolution process.
- Writing technical documentation suitable for internal and external consumption.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Must have no less than 3+ years of QA automation experience.
- In-depth knowledge of QA concepts and testing methodologies.
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Appium, Selenium, JMeter) and REST API testing.
- Experience with automation testing on mobile (native iOS / Android).
- Experience developing automated test automation infrastructure and scripts using programming and scripting languages.
- Experience creating and tracking bugs through issue tracking systems (such as JIRA).
- Experience writing detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Experience with Agile delivery and development methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Note: Our team is currently working remotely. However, remote candidates must be willing to relocate to Ottawa.
- Energetic start-up environment (felt even with team currently working remotely).
- Challenging assignments/projects.
- Complimentary access to applicable Udemy online learning courses.
- MacBook or PC laptop access.