Why you need eID-Me remote identity verification
Know who your customers are by verifying name, age, address, and more.
Prevent identity fraud with strong identity verification and authentication.
Comply with AML KYC, IALs, and other regulations and frameworks.
Scan passports, driver's licences, and other ID cards. Shorten forms and prevent typos.
Make onboarding fast and easy with identity verification results in seconds.
Onboard more customers quicker and reduce customer abandonment.
Two ways to verify identity
Embedded ID verification
Users take a live selfie and scan ID documents directly in your app.
- Seamless branding experience.
- Everything is done in your app.
Digital ID platform
Users share verified ID information from their eID-Me Digital ID app.
- Faster, easier integration.
- Existing eID-Me users are instantly verified for your business.
- New eID-Me users can access multiple services by scanning ID cards and taking a live selfie once.
What makes eID-Me different
Better usability and convenience
Users take a live selfie and scan ID documents once to get a reusable digital ID that provides instant identity verification for multiple businesses. (Or you can embed selfie and ID scan in your app.)
Easy mobile experience works online and offline (in person).
Quickly integrates into your website, app, kiosk, or custom system, using standards and dedicated support.
Stronger fraud prevention and security
All identities are automatically verified with ID scanning, authentication, selfie with liveness detection, and geolocation.
Identity verifications are done in tamper-resistant hardware security modules (HSMs).
ID information is decentralized offline in a mobile digital wallet, protected with encryption and the phone’s security hardware.
Digital certificates and PKI provide strong authentication.
Better Canadian coverage
Supports common and uncommon ID documents, including Canadian Passport, driver’s licences, ID photo cards, and more.
Get compliance with FINTRAC AML KYC, Identity Assurance Levels (IALs), the Pan-Canadian Trust Framework (PCTF), and more.
Identities are verified on Canadian Protected B servers.
Made in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
See how eID-Me works
Watch how eID-Me verifies identity by taking a live selfie and scanning identity documents.
See how users share verified identity information with businesses from their eID-Me Digital ID mobile app.
eID-Me has all the identity verification features you need
- Verification of name, birthdate, age, address, and more via scanning of ID documents, including passports, driver’s licences, ID photo cards, and health cards.
- Liveness detection, 3D face detection, gesture AI increases the accuracy of biometric comparison between the selfie and ID photo, preventing identity fraud.
- Optical character recognition (OCR), PDF417 conversion, logo and blur detection increases the speed and accuracy of document scanning.
- Active passport validation via NFC chip increases the authenticity of identity verification.
- AES-256 (Advanced Encryption Standard) protects information at rest and in transit.
- TLS 1.2 (Transport Layer Security) secures all server-device communications.
- Identity verification in hardware security modules (HSMs) on Canadian Protected B servers maximizes security and compliance.
- Compliance with FINTRAC AML KYC, Identity Assurance Levels (IALs), the Pan-Canadian Trust Framework (PCTF) and more.
- Conforms to the AAMVA ISO 18013-5 mobile driver’s licence (mDL) standard and the ICAO eMRTD ePassport standard for easy integration and durability.
- And more.
Looking for a specific feature?Learn More
Customer and user testimonials
"Super easy. Scanned even before I realized it scanned." "Having the most convenient identification method is best. I’d be very willing to use an app like this."
Carleton University UX Research Participants
"The faster way for our clients and the better way for us is to put in your eID number and your file gets opened automatically with your name, address, and birthdate... It gives us the assurance that the people we're talking to in their homes with no one else physically present are who they say they are."
Sanjay Soni - Founder and Managing Lawyer, Nexera Law (Now part of Diamond and Diamond Lawyers)
"What we thought would be a difficult and complex integration was actually quite simple and the minor issues and questions we had were quickly and pleasantly facilitated by the Bluink team. We've been putting off integrating with a digital ID system as most are complex (blockchain-based) solutions that are still quite far from usable for mass adoption. However, Bluink's eID-Me is simple and straightforward for users to connect to and use, so implementing it was a no-brainer for us."
Paul Marek - Co-Founder & CEO, MUUVER Inc. (Online Voting Platform)