What is eID-Me?
Fast identity verification from home
Verify your identity in minutes from the comfort of your home by scanning ID cards and taking a live selfie.
Universal digital ID, secure digital wallet
Your digital ID is secured offline in a decentralized digital wallet on your smartphone, using strong encryption and hardware-backed security.
Better access to services
Get online and in person access to ID-enabled services using your digital ID. No passwords or long forms required. Share the information you want to share.
eID-Me Digital Identity Explained
What is eID-Me? How does it work? Watch this video to learn about the eID-Me digital identity from the Bluink Team.
- Universal digital ID on your phone.
- Secure digital wallet with strong protection against identity theft.
- Identity verification in seconds (not weeks).
- Better online security with strong authentication.
- Convenient password-free logins.
- Better privacy with complete control of your identity information.
- Better access to government, financial, health care, and other ID-enabled services.
- Identity proofing compliant with government-defined Identity Assurance Levels.
- Easy registration from home using passport and provincial ID documents (see requirements here).
- Secure digital wallet on your smartphone containing your identity with verified ID information and other sensitive information (e.g., credit card and medical information). No cloud storage of your identity information.
- Strong encryption and certificate-based authentication.
- eID-Me identity is secured with your local smartphone authentication (e.g., passcode and fingerprint biometric).
- Password-free login to supported websites (e.g., government and enterprise applications) with your eID-Me identity using federated login. Supported services will be added over time.
- Bring Your Own Identity (BYOID) to work. Launching soon for Azure AD enterprise applications.
- Available on iOS and Android.
Security and privacy are our top priority
Bluink never gets access to your ID information.
To complete registration, your information is encrypted and sent to eID-Me's secure registration server for verification. Once verified, it is sent back to your phone and destroyed on the server.
Your information is only stored offline on your smartphone using strong encryption and your smartphone's security mechanisms. Only you have access and control over your information.