Today we launch our eID-Me Mobile Software Development Kit (Mobile SDK) for Canadian app developers.
The Mobile SDK lets developers integrate one or more of these functions into their iOS and Android apps:
- Selfie capture with liveness detection
- Identity document capture
- Identity verification
- Digital wallet issuance
- Digital wallet presentation and federated identity transactions
- Password-free login
With the Mobile SDK, businesses can quickly and easily develop apps that are able to:
- Scan and extract information from over 30 identity documents across Canada including:
- Driver’s licences and photo ID cards from all Canadian provinces and territories
- Health cards from Ontario and Quebec
- BC Services Cards
- Passports from Canada, US, China, France, Malaysia, and the UK
- Permanent resident cards
- Certificate of Indian Status cards
- NEXUS cards and FAST cards
- (And more are being added)
- FINTRAC-compliant eKYC (electronic know your customer) with verification results in seconds.
- Ensure real people are registering for your app with patented liveness detection and selfie capture.
- Prevent identity fraud.
- Issue a standards-based digital identity, including a mobile driver’s licence (AAMVA ISO 18013-5 mDL) and ePassport (ICAO eMRTD).
- Securely store ID information in an encrypted digital wallet on the user’s mobile phone.
- Securely request ID information from the user’s digital wallet.
- Allow password-free login using federated single sign-on (SSO) from the mobile phone.
- Comply with Canadian regulations and standards, including FINTRAC KYC, Identity Assurance Levels, and the Pan Canadian Trust Framework.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Download the free eID-Me app on iOS or Android to see what the user experience looks like.